Sunday, January 16, 2011

Chasing light and dreams.

It was nerve-wracking taking her pictures. What else could I feel when I am taking portraits of one of the most amazing photographers in the planet? I'm not saying that because she's my sister, but because she really is a talented photographer.



What if she wouldn't be happy with her portraits? What if? Questions ran through my mind while I was clicking away. She's pretty perfectionist when it comes to her work, so imagine how nervous I was.



We went to Luneta to shoot. She brought a picnic mat, which amused me because she felt immediately right at home in Luneta. That's another thing I admire about her - she finds joy in simple things and beauty in the mundane.



I've seen her in action. She'd crawl, climb, and do just about anything to get the shots she wants. I've worked with her in many occasions and she's indefatigable. Her passion is admirable.



She also asked me to do her makeup and that was another challenge. She didn't have any sleep the night before the shoot and her eyes were a bit swollen. How do you make that disappear? And she's an amazing makeup artist. Her hands can weave magic and I was going to do her makeup!

I felt like I was gold tested by fire that day.



She is not used to having her pictures taken. She felt awkward and shy and I had to teach her how to pose.

My favorite picture of her that day was one where she was sitting on the grass and was laughing so hard with the children. That's the Ate I know - bungisngis and kiat. But I'm not going to post that picture because she's going to kill me. Hahahaha.



And here I am; I survived it! She took this picture of me so I have a remembrance of that day. We grabbed some popcorn after that and spent time talking over dinner.

When I got home, she texted me: "Thank you for everything, Baden. You've done a lot for me." That was enough for me to know that she loved the pictures I took of her.

Now, I feel more ready to do more shoots!

Chasing dreams,
Dionne

P.S. One (or two) of these photos will see print in the coming days. More of her dreams are certainly coming true. And I am so proud of her!

7 comments:

  1. Its nice to see the two sisters working together..

    lovely photos:-)

    well done Dionne:-) gorgeous and talented..you both are:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. D, you did a really good job. I specially liked the one where Ai is wearing a black top na full body shot and the one with the tattered I Love Cebu shirt.Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a good job D!!! This proves that beauty and talent truly runs in the family ;-)

    God bless the two of you! Many more blessings to come =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, you're sister ai is right about you D (hope you don't mind me calling you D for short)... you have the talent too behind the lens --- i know how good you are in front of it (beautiful paired up with great acting talent)... you brought out your ate's beauty in these photos.

    Goodluck in your new venture along with your ate... i know both of you will do well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Dionne,

    I have been a big fan of your sister, and now a big fan of yours! You are very talented--not to mention beautiful! You and Aileen are definitely sisters in every sense of the word.

    I hope you don't mind me following the two of you here. You and Aileen will surely be an inspiration.

    Liza

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! angay gyud diay ni kagubtan nga photos!

    you both are so talented. and you're so fab and so sexy, leen!

    good job, D!

    ReplyDelete
  7. D! good job! I'm sure ate Aileen is equally proud of you. :) You both inspire a lot of us.

    And you... you make me miss my sister even more :)

    kudos to dream chasers !

    ReplyDelete